Friday, August 24, 2007
Come wander with me
Over yonder to the Black Sea.
Cruise the waters of Bulgaria;
Ogle churches in the area;
Art works and icons in courtyards.
Tour its wine tasting vineyards;
Eat, drink and have fun,
While the locals sing and dance.
The ship Insignia while docked at the harbor of Nessebur, Bulgaria.
Note: My first attempt at slideshow, and I couldn't put them all in one page...hence they were laid out separately. Sorry, about that. Please put all comments on this page.
Thank you. - Mari
Monday, August 13, 2007
Each person posts the rules before their list, then list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people; visits said people's sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged; and to come read the posts, so they know what they have to do.
Click picture to enlarge.
1. I was the last to be born. I am not spoiled, contrary to belief that the youngest are always pampered.
2. At age 13 my eyesight began to fail. I had a hard time reading the board, and I was forced to wear eyeglasses.
3. I love to draw, but have not pursued art as my career having been discouraged by my mother that I'll starve if I do so. I took something else, but I'm starving just the same.
4. I was 9 or 10 years old when I had pneumonia and I was sick for a long time. On the way to recovery, my knees were so weak I had to learn how to walk all over again. I laughed each time I fall. When I got better, my brother taught me how to ride a bike (click here for me and my bike) and roller skate. (Sniff...sniff...brother passed on 5 years ago.)
5. I am not a morning person. I hate waking up early; in fact I don't remember my mom waking me up when I was little. I guess that's where she spoiled me.
6. Some of my dreams are scary. Some of them would come true, and at times it would be about someone passing on. In one of my dreams I would be sitting at a chapel at a wake, and a week later someone I know would die. Then I'd go to the wake and I'd be sitting there in the chapel--exact same spot in my dream.
7. I am a very private person, hence there's nothing in my profile. As of now, however, I've bared myself to all...somewhat. LOL
8. It takes a while for me to make friends. I'm just too shy, I guess.
Now I'm free. Since most of the bloggers I know have been tagged already, I'll leave it up to anyone who passes by to write his/her own 8 memes, or 10, or 12. You can write as many as you want, the more the better. Paramihan at pahabaan. LOL
As for the rules, it would be up to the writer to tag or not to tag.
Let the memes begin?