Saturday, December 17, 2005

Rush Job

I did a rush job on a few Holiday cards for friends and family. My husband bugged me about it Friday morning, so I started working on it that afternoon. I have to do all of them by hand, as my printer is out of color cartridges, and I just don't want to bother going out to buy one. I figured I would make a dozen cards with a simple design. The thought is what matters, I say. Everything was done by hand...so it's a labor of love...as they say.

I have an 18" x 24" sheet of white ingres drawing paper and I cut it up to the size that would fit a number 10 envelope; and I was able to make 20 cards from it. Each card has a different

-










message in it. The design is of mixed media. I have only a few tubes of watercolor and some acrylic paint. For green and purple I used watercolor; acrylic for red and yellow; marker for brown (tree branch); roller pen for the message. They are all set and tomorrow ready for mailing...it may be late, but better than never.

No comments: