Thursday, July 01, 2010

Oldies but goodies

My husband and I cruised on down to Old Town Newhall last Sunday to see the vintage cars on display. These old cars date back to the 1930's and up to the early 1970's. They are pampered by their owners; and have spent so much money on them.

They are candy colored from a distance. There are no posted information about the cars' make, year it was built and so on. Some of them have retained their old engines replacing some faulty or rusty parts. Others have totally replaced them.

A Jaguar. Can't tell what year this was built.
(Click image to enlarge.)

1950's convertibles.

A flatbed truck. Can't tell what year.

I love this one. A hardtop convertible with the top going in the trunk. The top must have been custom built.

Must be of the 1930's. Not sure, though.

Another version of the one above. This one has 6 wheels.

Multi-colored cars.

Truck of the 1960's?

A blue 1930's.

A gray 1930's. This reminds me of the era of Al Capone.

Another truck. This one has white side wall tires. Fancy.

More cars.

This one has two fronts and two steering wheels.

Here's the interior.

This is a new car. I've seen some in town and they are kind of cute. They are made in France.

This band provided the music. At the time I took the picture they were playing The Rolling Stones' (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

I can't get no satisfaction

I can't get no satisfaction

'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try

I can't get no, I can't get no

When I'm drivin' in my car
And a man comes on the radio
He's telling me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination

I can't get no, oh no no no
Hey hey hey, that's what I say
I can't get no satisfaction

I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I......

10 comments:

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Hi, Ms. Mari. From the very bottom of my heart, I am very thankful that you posted this kind of blog post here in your blog. I haven't had bought classic car magazine since we had our baby and my wife had to stretched out the budget. Yes, my interests is not only into cycling but into classic and vintage cars as well. I don't own one myself but I do appreciate them in the magazine.
I also see them in car exhibits here in SM Megamall and World Expo once a year.
I see that some of the cars you visited here in this exhibit are fully-restored and some are converted to hot rod. That old yellow pick up, I think was lowered. The original is actually very high. Nevertheless, some of the cars date back from the time of Bonnie and Clyde I guess (Clyde Barrow is known to be driving a 1932 Ford V-8 B-400 convertible sedan and likes it very much).
I wish there were details in every car that you can read for more added info. In this kind of exhibit, I always see to it to also photograph those details in every car displayed that I would have to read later. The car owners should have provided information about their cars for visitors to read.
I appreciate car enthusiasts for their time, effort, and budget they put forward in the restoration or modification of these cars. Maintaining a vintage or classic car can cost you a fortune...

Mari said...

dodong,
I'm so glad that you liked this post. I was thinking that mostly men would appreciate articles like this, perhaps just a few women. There were women there, though, taking pictures and watching their husbands' car.
Yeah, one of those cars look like the one used by Bonnie and Clyde. I've seen a movie of them.
Thanks for your comment, I do appreciate it.

Nance said...

What a colorful display of vintage cars! am glad colorful cars are again slowly coming back...like a royal blue, yellow, lime green and even pink!
That two fronts and two steering wheels is certainly cute ... you don't have to do reverse, just move the driver/s around! lol

Photo Cache said...

Love going to classic car shows like this one. Our next door neighboring town holds one yearly, but this year it was when we were out of townn sayang.

I like the pink one and the first yellow one.

bing said...

i had fun looking at the cars! i like some of them while the others really speak of high maintenance.

such fun event. even those who are no car enthusiast will enjoy!

nice of you to be sharing this, mari.

Joy said...

I am so jealous! I'm a huge fan of vintage cars - though probably not as knowledgeable as Dodong.

Those are the prettiest cars. I'd love to go home with one of them.

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again. Here's to a great week ahead!

docgelo said...

these are beautiful collections!
they may be old but still fascinating! and yes, i nearly enjoyed the song! LOL!

tina said...

vavavoom! wow. wow. napansin ko agad ung pink ride! haha. also the orange.

e-yeaaah and i cant get no... satisfaction! haha. ;)

nice post. have a good day ate mari. :)

Ebie said...

Hi Mari, I have to give kudos to the organizer of this car show! The cars filled up the diagonal parking unlike the ones I have been to. The shots you took are very clear and detailed.

P.S. Sorry, I have been out of circulation for a while and am hopeful to post some photos towards week's end. Thanks for stopping by.
Take care.

Mari said...

Thank you for your nice comments:

Nance,
I've been wondering if both front...and front tires can be turned. LOL

Photo Cache,
There's always another car show...you wouldn't want to miss going to Europe, would you?

Bing,
You are right, some of them are high maintenance. They are not driven daily though.

Joy,
Yeah, they are pretty.

docgelo,
Am glad you enjoyed looking at them.

tina,
I love the pink one, too.

Ebie,
The show was sponsored and organized by the Power Auto dealership.
It's okay. You have to do what you have to do...sabi da.