Monday, March 05, 2007

Flowers by a friend























A painting in colored pencil done by my friend Nancy. She's a very versatile artist; she can do anything in any media--oil, colored pencil, water color, charcoal pencil, pastel and others. She did this drawing in her spare time, while watching TV--one eye on the TV and the other on her drawing. Just kidding. And right after she finished it she sent it to me via her cellphone to my cellphone. What technology can do nowadays, we can send copies of pictures not only through the internet or fax machines, but also through our cellphones. And the colors never changed, it is as vivid and striking as the original.

I love this painting. Her blending of colors, color combinations and composition are excellent. She truly is a great artist; she has honed her skill with the help of her tutor-- her loving artist husband.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your friend's painting is really good! Amazing what technology can do nowadays talaga.

Hopped here from Ate Ghee's site :)

Anonymous said...

i agree with you - she paints well. and what technology can do nowadays...amazing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

both of you rock! yes, i agree, luv the color combination too.

nancy is so lucky for having a resident teacher.

Nini

Mari said...

sasha: Thanks! My friend has not seen her painting on my blog yet, but I'm sure she'll be beaming with pride once she sees it. And, of course, she'll thank you.

Salamat naman at naligaw ka rito...I'll return the visit soon.

sexy mom: Good we all agree, and she'll thank all of you...am sure of that. Thanks sexy mom for paying me a visit.

Isn't technology great? We get to communicate with each other though we're complete strangers.

nini: Let's rock around the clock...marathon na yan. Ha ha Yup, good color combination. Darn my blog is screwed up inside I can't correct that word combination, the letter s keeps coming back.

Yes, she's one lucky lady.

Anonymous said...

oh yes,its really beautiful,Mari!lucky you,you have an artist friend :)

Mari said...

ghee: Heeeey, thanks for coming. Yeah, ganda ng gawa niya. You're lucky, too. Your niece can draw real good. Galeng niya talaga.

Anonymous said...

wow! I love it too, I agree the hue intensity value is great. nice! I'll give you my cellphone number too, hahaha *joke*

Mari said...

Nona: You agree. We all agree then. So, let's all go to her place and get a treat with her world famous dinuguan. Ha ha ha Hey, that's a trip to New York, but we all have to get our own tickets. Ha ha ha.

Bulong mo na lang ang cp no. mo Nona.

Anonymous said...

At last! hopefully my comment will be published. I tried so many times in the past to post ... but was unlucky.
Thank you, thank you to all for your kind words. Drawing is just my hobby. I love using colored pencils because they are not as messy as oil but still, nothing beats oil painting, it's a classic! Salamat po!
~Nancy~

Mari said...

Nancy, you have quite a following here. Glad you were able to make it.

Anonymous said...

ang ganda talaga.......

why i can´t paint or sketching?...

pero i like it very much, i mean, i appreciated this kind or art.....

thanks for sharing........

Mari said...

vk, magaleng siya, ano? Subukan mo. Try colored pencil for now then copy from magazines. My friend, Nini played with paint and a brush one day and a nice flower painting came out. She's now into painting. Since you appreciate art it could be there just waiting to be waken up. Try it. Go girl!